The Glitter Mermaid Cooks! ~Simply Hummus~

Hello y’all! This is my first post, so I wanted to show you how to make one of my favorite snack dishes. Hummus is delicious and I love to make it for my family because it's fun to make with my mom and it's a healthy snack choice. Oh! and it's tasty too ;) Remember to always ask for your parents' help before you make this delicious, healthy snack.
Love,
The Glitter Mermaid xoxo

First, make sure you have all of your ingredients. (The ingredients are also listed, below⬇︎)

Ingredients:
  • 1 (15-ounce) can chickpeas or 1 1/2 cups cooked chickpeas
  • 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice (1 large lemon)
  • 1/4 cup well-stirred tahini
  • 1 small garlic clove, minced
  • 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for serving
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
  • Salt to taste
  • 2 to 3 tablespoons water
  • Dash ground paprika, for serving
Garnish:
  • olive oil
  • paprika/cumin
  • parsley

 Second, measure out the Tahini. I like to use this measuring cup to make it easier.


Third, juice one lemon into a measuring cup. My Grandmother taught me to put the lemon in the microwave for 10 seconds (not any longer) to get the most juice out of the lemon.
  

Oh! Don't forget to take all the seeds out. I used a spoon, but you can also use a strainer. 

Pour the tahini in the bowl of your processor and the lemon juice.
  


Blend together for one minute.  I used the timer on my oven.



Then, after the processor stops, scrape the sides on your bowl and add the rest of your ingredients.






Process everything together. You want to process it until it is smooth. This could take a little longer than you expect.
  

Now, the best part. Tasting it! 


Since it needed to be a little thinner and smoother, I added a little water and more olive oil.
 


 That's it!! So easy and tasty! 

Next up....Hummus Cucumber Cups!!

Thank you for swimming by!

Enjoy! ~The Glitter Mermaid



Comments

  1. Yummy and one of my favorite snacks! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much and thank you for saying something about it! ~The Glitter Mermaid

      Delete
  2. Great post Miss Mermaid!! Blake and Aaron were just asking about making hummus when we were choosing a flavor at the grocery store the other day. Maybe they will try your recipe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Miss Kim! You can totally add your own flavors and it's so good and it's even better fro you than the store bought one. ~Miss Mermaid

      Delete
  3. Thorough and inspiring post, Glitter Mermaid! I have never made my own hummus πŸ™„ but I should and you've inspired me to give it a try! 😁

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Miss Terry! I think you should try it! It's not that hard. I will try and bring you some when I see you next time. :) ~Glitter Mermaid

      Delete

Post a Comment